This toolkit collects sources of awareness-raising materials on accessibility aimed to developers and providers of ICT products and services.
It offers sources on European accessible policy and accessibility standards, and guidance on designing inclusive and accessible technologies. It also includes useful information for users about accessibility features of operating systems and mainstream applications.
It is hoped that this Toolkit will contribute to motivate the development of accessible and inclusive practices and technologies as well as a better understanding of accessibility policies and standards.
It’s open to contributions from organizations and individuals interested in raising awareness on the topic of accessibility and accessible technologies.
If you have any materials that you would like to share with us (documents, guides, videos) to contribute towards this Toolkit, please, contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to know about the real needs of people with disabilities when interacting with technology and how to improve accessibility in digital documents, audiovisual materials, events (in-person and online), common accessibility mistakes etc. Please visit Guidelines on accessibility.
- Rolling Plan for ICT Standardisation – European Comission
- ETSI EG 203 499 – Human Factors (HF): User-centred terminology for existing and upcoming ICT devices, services and applications
- European Comission – Web Accessibility
- Web Accessibility Directive: Frequently Asked Questions
- European Accessibility Act
- EN 301 549 V3 the harmonized European Standard for ICT Accessibility
- ITU- ICT accessibility assessment for the Europe region
- Android Developers – Build accessible apps
- Mozilla Developers – Accessibility: Make the web usable by everyone
- Windows App Development – Accessibility in Windows 10 and 11
- Windows App Development – Accessibility overview
- Udacity – Web Accessibility Course by Google
- Google – Resources for developers and publishers
- Google – Developer documentation style guide
- Microsoft – Inclusive Design
- Apple Developers Accessibility
- WCAG 2 Overview
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
- W3C – Accessibility of Remote Meetings
- W3C – Accessibility Fundamentals Overview
- W3C – Design and Develop Web Accessibility
- W3C – Easy Checks – A First Review of Web Accessibility
- W3C – Making Audio and Video Media Accessible
- W3C – Web Accessibility Perspectives Videos: Explore the Impact and Benefits for Everyone
- Google – Guides and resources for using Google products in your organization
- W3C Mobile Accessibility
- Telecommunications accessibility guidelines for older persons and persons with disabilities
- Adobe – Create and verify accessibility of PDF files (Acrobat Pro)
- Microsoft – Accessibility features for everyone
- Apple – Accessibility features
- Android – Accessibility features
- European Disability Forum – Information and communication technologies
- ITU Accessibility to ICTs
- Global Assistive Technology Information Network